Returning for its 8th edition, the Middle East Smart Landscape Summit is delving into the UAE's pathway to a greener economy
TUESDAY MARCH 23, 2021
As populations rapidly increase and cities become more crowded, it has never been more important to make sustainable, smart plans for urban expansion to ensure our cities remain happy, healthy and connected. In achieving this goal, utilising the expertise of landscape architects, urban planners and sustainability experts is absolutely critical.
Expotrade Global proudly welcomes the Middle East Smart Landscape Summit back for its 9th instalment on the 31st March and 1st April 2021 at Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre. This two day summit will bring together the experts in sustainability, landscape architecture, urban planning and smart infrastructure for educational presentations, lively panel discussions and exclusive networking opportunities. The summit will cover a wide range of topics, including the UAE's Green Growth Strategy, water conservation, green structures, cost-effective retrofitting and effective soil maintenance suited to the Middle Eastern topography to name a few.
Just some of the esteemed speakers at this event include:
- Our guest of honour, Yousif AlMutawa, CEO of Sharjah Sustainable City
- Taleb Abdulkareem Jilfar, Executive Director - Infrastructure Services Division of the Dubai Municipality
- Martha Schwartz, Senior Partner at Martha Schwartz Partners. Martha will join Steven Velegrinis, Head of Master Planning at AECOM, as they discuss the evolution of the landscape architect's role in their joint presentation, 'We are Not Exterior Decorators'
- Boris Fabinski, Senior Landscape Architect at AE7. Boris will discuss the benefits of green structures in his presentation 'Green Roofs & Walls - Improving Our Living Environment'
- Andrew Leech, Commercial Director at Geofabrics Limited. Andrew will share the challenges in sustainable landscaping and provide a Geosynthetics perspective on the topic.
- Sherif Hosny, Founder & CEO of Schaduf. Sherif will share some real world examples of socio-environmental development in his presentation, 'Case Studies of Socio-environmental Development Through Landscape Architecture & Micro-Farming'.
- Ala Hason, Office Director - Principal at HKS Architects
- Robert Shakespeare, Group Design Director of Landscape Architecture at Cracknell
- Ayub Hassan Algaferi, Head of Parks Section at Al Ain Municipality
- Clinton Southorn, Cluster Director of Agronomy, Abu Dhabi Golf Club - Saadiyat Beach Golf Club - Yas Links Abu Dhabi
- Michael Austin, Senior Urban Planner at the City of Bellevue, Washington
- Haism El Masir, Lead - Urban Planning Project Engineer at Abu Dhabi Housing Authority
- Ben Griffiths, Director of Agronomy at Trump Golf Dubai
- Husain Al Saeedi, Director Of Technical Services Operations Dept at the Abu Dhabi City Municipality
- Fady Nassim, Executive Head of Urban Planning at Jeddah Economic Company - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Steven Velegrinis, Head of Master Planning at AECOM
- Farah Yassine, Sustainable Resource Management Lead - Environment & Sustainability at WSP Dubai
- Marlon Van Maastricht, Global Head of Landscape Architecture - Urban Planning & Design Departments, UAE, Khatib Al Alami
- Baharash Bagherian, Head of Urban Planning at Diamond Developers
With hundreds of senior level landscape architects, landscape designers, urban planners, sustainability experts, engineering consultants, municipal and government officials in attendance, the Middle East Smart Landscape Summit is a must-attend for all in the sustainable landscaping space. Learn how the biggest players in the industry are taking the steps towards a green future and bolstering the sustainability of the Middle East whilst maintaining connectivity and liveability within the community.
The Middle East Smart Landscape Summit is an in-person event, with hygiene and social distancing measures strictly enforced in accordance with DHA guidelines.
You can find more information at: https://www.landscapesummit.com